Selling all our stuff!

Selling our stuff!

We sold (almost) all our stuff. Everything we own now fits in We are down to two book bags averaging 27L in capacity + two small storage totes. The act of getting rid of things was mostly amazing. Of the things we owned the 50-75% were unused, unloved, or low quality enough that their usage caused more stress and frustration then it alleviated. The other 50-25% was a bit harder. We saved all our keepsakes but the real pain took place in around quality items that were very specialized and had great value in our life, and were used regularly. Getting rid of a high quality blender was easy because we could see the person who took it on craigslist for free or pay and know they were going to use it. Giving a very specific computer cord to goodwill was a little harder because deep down you think it was going to the trash.

(Photo is of some blind contour drawings of Danny Devito that didn't make the cut, but will live on as a digital image)

EV6 France, and the first 500 miles of our journey are behind us.

EV6 France, and the first 500 miles of our journey are behind us.

From the town of Mulhouse we look back at our first 500 miles and call out some of the things we have enjoyed so far.

Eurovelo 3

Eurovelo 3

Our first leg of our bike trip is done! We took the EV3 from Paris to EV6.

Travel, Save, and be Merry

Photography